Thursday, November 20, 2008

Angst

There definitely is a lot of angst in this blog lately.

Not very healthy, I guess, for the people writing it or for the people reading it.

*shrugs*

Well, Aunty, you are right. It is not your fault. It is the fault of higher management who doesn't know how to appreciate their existing employees. Employees, whom they say are experienced and were the longest in the department. Like I said, if you have prior or even relevant experience in this industry that we're in now, itwill make the bitter pill a lot easier to swallow. Heck, I will even understand it.

But your 5 years experience is in another, totally different industry. Do you actually get that? Sometimes I feel you don't and that makes me sad. But you have your right to defend yourself. And correction, I don't have a few years experience in this industry. I have 1 1/2 years experience. I don't like inflating my years of experience or my know-how. Whatever's the truth will be the truth.

I don't know how this can resolve but yes, I've also learnt a hard lesson. In fact, I am on the unjust end of this hard lesson... but then, you may beg to differ. No more being so kindhearted, especially in work. I will still refer people, I guess, but I think never to the same department. And only if the person has relevant, said experience. To think I was the one who encouraged her because the people in my department is nice and I also want her to work in a comfortable working environment. Come to think of it, I did help you get a part-time job before when we were in our college days ,didn't I? Maybe you don't remember it already .....

Prettily Aunty, if you want me to feel better, maybe you can try to make yourself more 'useful' in the office. I'm sure you can see that most of us are busy up to our necks. Some of us are already suffocating. Instead of blogging from work or taking naps, or closing your laptop way before work ends, maybe you can offer to help us with our work. Administrative kind that shouldn't be too difficult. Then maybe, I say maybe, I will feel a bit better.

Sorry how I can be brutally honest. It's my big mistake. You are in a way kinda innocent to be caught in this crossfire as well. I know that but I'm only human and it's difficult for me. Probably you will never understand how I feel as you can be quite oblivious to all this sometimes. You may be angry but think about this, if you can.... put yourself in my shoes. How would you react? What would your feelings be? Think of all this and then you would have learnt empathy.

Could be that I have to learn graciousness & you, empathy?

oh, the irony of it all... stupid you-know-who!


Artsy*T

2 comments:

KLKK said...

What both of u r going through r hard facts of life. To some, life is always unfair n to some life continues to b good like Midas whatever u touch turns to gold.U did a noble deed and what a real friend would do - help a buddy to get a job. She went for the interview and got the job. I honestly cannot question how she was offered a job of higher position than u. That only your boss could answer. Don't ever try to rationalize, u wouldn't even get an answer. So a choice has to be made...how to move on from here. After the initial frustration, you have to continue to work hard passionately and diligently as this is the only way to be respected.
Be professional in your work place. Keep personal grudges at home. Only then can you respect yourself. Anything is below you.Will time heal or make things better? Surely your action can make a difference. As for Aunty... though you feel you are not to be blamed as the job was offered to you, the least u could do is to practise extra extra sensitivity and compassion. That statement about having internet at your workplace..."How cool is that" is totally insensitive and unkind in the current situation. It did help ...to make matters worse. Where do you both go from here? The answer lies with how much you both value the friendship.

Evelin said...

KLKK, I don't know who you are. But thank you anyways for your comment.

It is definitely difficult for me & even harder for me not to rationalize this but I do know for a fact that nothing can change this situation even if I were to pour out my feelings a thousand times. I know that. I'm just needing the time to get pass it.

I thank God that people do notice the surroundings too but mostly I thank Him for strength. What I need now is to concentrate on my work as work is piling up, sky-high.

This is one of the tests God placed in my path. How will I score in this test? I do not know. But His words are, "Be strong & courageous for I am with you."

 
Template by suckmylolly.com