Friday, November 14, 2008

Life's Unfair...

Triggered by a friends 'unfortunate' incident.... I decided to google that particular phrase and this caught my attention :

“The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way.
Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school.
You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating......
and you finish off as an orgasm.” ~ George Carlin (american stand-up comedian)

Funny huh?

I've gone through my fair share of unfairness. But what can you do about it? You can sulk, grumble and cry about it for a short while.. but please get on with life after that. When faced with bad situations, you have 2 choices; to suck it up, move on and learn from it or you can dwell on it and waste your life away pitiying yourself.
I'm proud and happy that all my good and close friends are those who triump over obstacle. Although there would be tough times, but i'm confident most of them would pull through. And besides... there are always great friends and family around to help....
Oh.. and always remember to be grateful for all the lucky things that you've got!!! And probably u'll find that life is not that unfair afterall...

thumbs - MoMo*Chin

2 comments:

Evelin said...

life is unfair. It never will be fair. there will always be someone prettier, luckier, richer, etc. I guess, it's how we appreciate where we are right now. appreciate our own life.

It's not easy to suck it up and just move on, either. Hey, it takes a lot of mental strength.

One can only console oneself that sometimes life is unfair and rewards those 'not-so-worthy' even more than it rewards one. But only you know your true worth.

life has always thrown obstacles my way. I'm not those born with a silver spoon in their mouth or lucky enough to go through life without worries. But I am proud to say that I'm a survivor and am blessed with great friends and family.

I'm blessed that God gives me strength, that He is with me, that He will help me pull through & emerge triumphantly.

*woo hooo*

I'm so tired..... -__-"

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

Quirky : we didn't turn out too bad rigth? =)

Starbucks again tonight? enjoyed last week... should we make it a routine? haha... prolly not everyweek but once a month? fun right? prolly can ask more ppl to join?

 
Template by suckmylolly.com