Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a short story....

Two small boys got their results recently. By my standards, both did well, but since they're only in kindergarten (I'm not even going into that) - who cares really.

The little one will be awarded the "Best Improvement Prize" in his class and will be receiving this on stage in front of all his schoolmates. Immediately after school, the bigger brother called his grandpa and informed him that his "didi" will be receiving a trophy and he has none. Grandpa's response? "I'll give you one." And so, both grandpa and grandma went to the shop and ordered for him a trophy that says, "To KJ, for being a good boy..... From grandpa and grandma".

-daisyboo-

5 comments:

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

hm... does the aunty want a trophy as well... *wink wink*....

CNLEE said...

For the two stories you posted I have one for you: a sufi story.

The Old Man and the Goldsmith

There was an old man who went to a goldsmith and said, "May I use your scales to weigh my own gold?" Goldsmiths keep very sensitive scales.
The goldsmith replied: "Sorry, sir, I don't have a sieve."
"Don't make fun of me, " said the man: "I asked for your scales, not a sieve."
"I don't have a broom either," the goldsmith said.
"Come on," said the man impatiently, "Don't play deaf."
"I am not playing deaf, my good man, and I heard everything you said."
Then the goldsmith explained: "Your hands are shaking with old age and your gold is in tiny bits and pieces. When you start weighing, you'll scatter them on the floor. Then you'll ask for a broom to pick them up. And then, to separate the gold from the dust and dirt, you'll ask for a sieve."

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

meeky : the story very 'chim'. mind explaining ......

CNLEE said...

At one level, the goldsmith refuses to help. At another, the goldsmith is helping the old man for he would have lost some of his gold dust. Yet another level, the goldsmith is able to see the chain of events from a single act of lending the scale. Edward deBono calls it Consequence and Sequels in his creative thinking books.

Evelin said...

wah seh... super chim leh...

-__-"

 
Template by suckmylolly.com